27th September 2018 by Amanda
St Peter’s Catholic Primary School
0161 437 1495
HEADTEACHER Required for 1 January 2019 (or as soon after as possible)
Salary: GROUP 2, L15 – L21
Due to the retirement of the previous Headteacher, the Governors of St Peter’s are seeking to appoint a new Headteacher to continue and further develop the outstanding achievements of this happy and successful school. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced colleague at Deputy Head or serving Headteacher level. You will have a creative vision to build on our success. Your challenge will be to keep us moving forward in the pursuit of excellence.
We are looking for a strong, dynamic and inspirational leader who:
- is a committed, practising Catholic with a clear vision and strong commitment to Catholic Education;
- has the ability to put the needs of the children first, making them excited about their learning journey and develop their individual talents to the full;
- is a leader who will continue to develop and sustain a culture of challenge, respect and ambition for all in the school;
- will motivate and further develop all colleagues;
- is an excellent communicator and commits to working closely in partnership with parents, the Parish, the Diocese , the Governors and the wider community.
Our pupils are looking for a headteacher who is:
- strict but always fair
- has a sense of humour and is kind to the children
- a good listener
- proud to lead our school
We can offer:
- a committed and supportive Governing Body
- happy pupils who want to come to school and have high expectations of their own achievements
- staff who are committed to excellence in teaching and learning who strive to ensure that all children achieve their best
- support for your own professional development, alongside support from the Diocese and the Local Authority
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and encouraged and can be arranged by contacting Mrs Millward at the school.
Application packs can be downloaded below or by contacting Mrs Millward at the school
School Website address – Stpeters-primary.co.uk
Completed applications should be returned to the P.A to the Director of Schools for Shrewsbury Diocese – email@example.com
Closing Date: Tuesday 9th October at 12.00 Noon
Shortlisting: Thursday 11th October at 5.00pm
Interviews: Thursday 18th October
St Peters is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Appointment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Certificate.
The Choir at BBC Music Day »