Sports Premium Grant
St Peter’s Catholic Primary School PE and Sport Strategy 2018 19
What is the Primary School PE & Sport Premium?
Since 2013 14 the government has allocated extra funding to all primary schools to improve Physical Education (PE) and Sport so that they develop pupils’ healthy lifestyles. This will be continued in the 2018 19 financial year.
What should it be used for?
Schools may choose how they use the funding, for example to:
- hire specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work with primary teachers during PE lessons
- provide resources and training courses in PE and sport for teachers
- improvement sport culture and opportunities for lunchtime by developing lunchtime activities
- support and involve the least active children by running after-school sports clubs
- run sport competitions or increase pupils’ participation in the ‘School Games’
- run sports activities with other schools
How much have will we receive for 2018 19?
In 2018 19 we will receive approximately £17780 (based on last year’s figure) to be spent specifically on Sports Premium.
|Project||Pupils Involved||Cost||Expected Impact|
|To provide high quality PE teaching by employing a specialist P.E. teacher delivery of staff training and development across KS1 and 2||All Pupils||£4500 per year||All staff have regular access to high quality PE training which ensures an improvement in quality of lessons.|
|Targeted intervention of children to improve fitness and well being||Identified Termly||As part of above cost||Improvement of fitness of identified pupils|
|To high quality additional sports for children at lunchtime and after school.||All Pupils||£8500
(£65 x 130 days)
|Increased participation is sport|
|SIS Multi-Skills||KS1 & KS2||£2000||Wider provision for pupils|
|Manchester School Sport Association||All||£600||Annual subscription for expertise and competition through the LA.|
|Support for cost of competition transport||Mainly KS2||£2 250 (estimate based on 30 £75)||Increased participation in competition|
|Total Expected Spend||£ 17 850|
|Balance||– £70 approximately|